Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day !!

March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I’m wearing my green shirt and looking for a 4-leaf clover! Cooking corned beef. Got some leprechauns hired to dance out in the front lawn. Hope you are celebrating, as well!


Tonight it's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at the Mesa Arts Center. I love to attend the theater! I used to see 60 - 80 shows a year, but now I'm down to only about twenty. I'd see more if I had people who wanted to commit themselves to buy season tickets with me.

For this Broadway series here in Mesa my hairdresser is my "theater buddy". She bought one of the seats this year. We sit on the front row, and this is the third of four shows this season from this company. The last show in May is "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".

I also have season tickets at the Hale Centre Theatre, Broadway Palm Dinner Theater, Broadway Across America at Gammage, and Southwest Shakespeare Company. Is that all? Used to be I would have thirteen to fifteen sets of season tickets. My, how times have changed!

These are some of the series I have reluctantly given up:
***Valley Youth Theater
***Phoenix Theatre
***The Orpheum
***Theater Outback at Mesa Community College
***Arizona Jewish Theater Company
***East Valley Children's Theater
***Cookie Company
***Copperstate Dinner Theater
***Desert Foothills Theater
***Fountain Hills Community Theater
***Fountain Hills Youth Theater
***Queen Creek Performing Arts Center
***Arizona Theater Company
***Actors Theater of Phoenix
***Childsplay
***Tempe Little Theater
***Mesa Encore Theater
***Stageworks at MAC
***Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
***Desert Stages
***Stagebrush Theater
***Chandler Center for the Arts
***Citrus Valley Playhouse
***In Mixed Company

Whew, that's a lo-o-ong list! But I really did go to all those shows. Probably never all in the same season. Yes, there is an active theater community here in the Phoenix area. I have trouble just trying to remember who spells it "theater" and who spells it "theatre".

No comments: